Saturday, October 29, 2011

What I wouldn’t give for this day to just end.


Monday 24th October

‘Insert annoying disco tune here’

06:45am, time to get up and prepare to go back to San Bernardino. It’s a shame, just as I was getting settled and enjoying my time with Christine and Greg, it was time to move back. After freshening up and packing an extra bag, full of
.Clothes unwanted by Greg
.Pair of shoes Christine bought for me at Costco, before we went up to Calabasas.
.cookies brought over by Lizzy
.marble cakes from Stacey and Dave’s ‘almost like a palace’ home

Me and Christine set off up the 605 (not that u’d know where that is) then up to Baldwin Park, where I’d be catching the train to San Bernardino. It took us a while to find the station, because the sat-nav got us lost. Seriously, how can a sat-nav get you lost (hehehe)? While I was on the ride back, I decided to work on the blog. Unfortunately my laptop crashed again, so that put a damper on the day.

After arriving at San Bernardino, I had a 20 minute walk with a wheelie bag and a gym bag in tow through a poor part of the city. Luckily I didn’t have long to wait for the bus to arrive and depart. Only 20 minutes from the bus stop to the University, taking me through a slightly better area.

I’d literally just returned to my flat, when I began a total restore of my computer. This whole process took 6 hours, so to kill the time, I hit the gym for 1000 calories, read over my book 3 times to prepare for the mid-term test coming up tomorrow and walked around the entire campus twice. I also went to the village square for a game-a-thon of pool, table footy and ping pong. If it’s any consolation I won everything bar 1 pool game and 2 sets of ping pong.

By 5pm the computer was nearly fixed, and just needed some updates, which would take another couple of hours. So to occupy me now, I headed back to the village square, where everyone had left, leaving me with the TV and some weird show about some teenage singers on Nickelodeon.

The day that I almost had no computer, but now that it’s fixed I can continue with life. Just as good too, because I’m due to speak to the family tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment