Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Much ado about nothing

Thursday 20th October

Today is a mediocre day, nothing big is happening.  I first went to the gym for the morning workout, however about 10 minutes from the end of the workout; the entire campus took part in an ‘earthquake drill’ where I had to stop pedaling ‘to the metal’ and crouch down next to the machine, losing all my progress in the process. After the drill, I continued for another 10 minutes to get the full workout. As such I believe I only made 950 Cal’s but it’s still a good amount. 

Putting the almost failed gym session to one side, I still have 3 hours before my classes start. therefore, I decided to crack on with one of the assignments due on Tuesday, since I had plans on the weekend. Oh, did I not tell you…I’m planning to spend the weekend with Christine and Greg, my adopted Auntie and Uncle. 

Moving on, Adrian invited me to the commons for a bite to eat. Since at this point I had an hour before my classes started, I saw no reason why not. I managed to get this beef casserole with rice for only $5. As usual, 6 hours of boring classes and 8pm has come. There was an event relating to homesickness, which unfortunately gave me flashbacks to home, Looks like I better get out of there and spend a few hours forgetting these thoughts. 

Things are gonna look up over the weekend, with a sunny spell coming in from the east travelling west over to the Pacific coast. We’re expecting a cool weekend, mainly over Whittier and Orange County. More specifically, things would develop on Cole road, when the British weather system enters and stays for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment