Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Repurcussions of American Food

Sunday 9th October

OWWWWW.

Just as I predicted, i was as stiff as a brick (again with the dirty jokes, tut tut). Nevertheless I was determined to make my new exercise regime work. I had decided if i could make an hour each day, i'd probably stay the same size (238 lb or 17stone) [yes i am what people would call "A fat bugger"]

After filling my water bottle from the 1 gallon bottle of Gatorade, I set off to complete another hour of exercise, and surprisingly i managed to match my previous performance.

This hard work was very short lived. By now it was 12pm, and instead of getting a granola bar, I went to get some food. In the student union food court, only 1 outlet is open on Saturday and Sunday. Saturdays, its the turn of the WOW wingery, a mix between KFC without the 11 herbs and spice & a spanish eatery (burrito, quesadilla and wraps). This is a great place and its very tasty. However, on Sunday's its Denny's, something i will be avoiding from now on.

This is for 1 reason and 1 reason alone. I got a double cheeseburger and fries. 2000 calories. That's practically my entire calorie intake for the day. Needless to say i only ate 2 packets of chips (crisps) for the rest or the day. In future i'll be getting takeaways which i'm sure would be healthier or cook the pizzas that have been in my freezer for 2 weeks now :)


As tempted as I was to go back to the gym and work out for another hour, i just didn't have the energy (even though i just took in 2000 calories) Instead, i spent an hour in the pool, (after letting my food settle),  probably burning a fair few calories, but not half as much as if i had gone to the gym.

By now i needed to relax, so after 2 hours in front of the screen, catching up on some good old American TV, I was invited to a movie night, which turned out to be "The Laramie Project" about a group of actors who visited a town called Laramie, Wyoming, where a brutal homophobic murder took place in 1998.

Afterwards, after everyone had been 'shocked' we departed for the safety of our rooms. which wouldn't last long. Just after midnight, some idiot had burnt their food AGAIN and caused a fire alarm. This was gonna be a long night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment