Saturday, October 29, 2011

The back breaking Life of Reilly

Sunday 23rd October

*knock knock* Christine stays at the door and softly shouts

“Morning Phil, erm, sorry to bother you but could you help us get the cabinet out of the trailer, Greg has to return it before 9am”

“….(groan)…Yeah sure...” [It was 08:30]

Throwing on whatever clothes I could find, I did some very quick stretches, almost like the ones I do before I go to the gym in the morning. Bearing in mind the cabinet weighed a ton at 1 in the morning; imagine what it’s like when you’ve just woken up. Well…it weighed the same, just felt heavier from the short sleep and the lack of ‘wake-up time’ nevertheless, we managed to lift it out of the trailer and returned it in time :)

Afterwards I headed back to bed for 2 hours, but of course by this point I was pretty much awake. So I tried to update my blog, but my laptop continued to play up. So basically I just turned it off, and then went down for breakfast. Now we all had our fill of the classic American cooked breakfast me and Greg proceeded to spend what felt like forever dragging in the cabinet and rearranging the furniture.

Hard work over, we all settled down to watch Greg’s team, the San Diego Chargers, at Halftime, they were winning, but by fulltime, they’d lost, bad times. Nevertheless we watched more TV, before the evening meal. For this we’d be joined by Lizzy, a colleague of Christine’s. We talked for a few hours, while enjoying shrimp scampi pasta and salad, followed by a lemon cooler cake.

Before long, it was 11pm, Lizzy had left (probably had enough of the British humour) and we all had to be up early in the morning, so we’ll leave it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment