Monday, October 03, 2011

Skip the boring bits, just gimme the goodies

Thursday 29th September

BANG BANG BANG. At 8.30 in the morning, i thought there was another fire alarm. Panicking, i threw on last nights clothes and ran out of my bedroom door. I'll tell you now there was no fire alarm, but rather my flatmate, holding a piece of paper.

"PHIL PHIL, we got this paper and needs filling, errr, what we do?" (he's Saudi Arabian and clearly has no concept of time and sleep and not very good at English either)

It was a roommate agreement form, something that could have waited a few hours......

After filling my part and his part, i left a note for the other 2 flatmates to fill it out. After that, i headed straight for the shower, since I was already up and had some reading to do for todays classes. No sooner had I scrubbed up and down, both my body and my teeth ;B (hillbilly smilie) and everything else that needed doing, i went to put new clothes on.

"Theme from Family Guy" [my alarm]

I suppose Aziz did do me a favour by waking me up. 3 hours of preperation for the days classes and before i could fall asleep, i decided to grab a bite to eat with friends before my classes started. Luckily for them they only had 1 class that day and they had finished at the same time I went to eat (they're not so lucky though, they have classes over all 5 days. One even has a class on Saturday "FAIL")

1 hour and 3 taco's later, it was time to go to my classes.

(skipping forward 6 hours...this part isn't interesting and i'd waste everyones time trying to explain it)
[before the skipping finishes, 1 point worth mentioning was that I had my note-takers sorted {due to my disability of 1. not writing properly 2. being autistic}
(6 Hours skipping.......Complete)

"19:50 now and we return to the action replay: Our hero is walking a classmate to her car, talking about the upcoming groupwork assignment. The scene lasts 15 mintes before she gets bored and drives off, leaving our hero alone to walk the whole 200 yards to his flat"

"Oi, i thought i got rid of the Voice-over guy"

Never mind...after dropping my stuff and unpacking my course material ready for the work i'd be doing on Friday, I got a call to go to the Village square and 'chill' (call was from my phone, not my head, before anyone thinks i'm just plain lazy)

Here my British pride would be at stake. 4 guys had heard of my 'impressive' pool skills and had challenged me to a game. Luckily no money was involved, but in hindsight i wish i had, since I beat them all. (pool record is now 21W:1L) not bad for someone who doesn't know the official American Pool Rules.

Since I was rudely awakened in the morning, I retired early from the relaxation zone, now full of sound from some people watching some weird show on Nickelodeon. But of course my plans to go to sleep early fell to bits, thanks to Youtube and a few e-mails. What should have been an 11pm bedtime became a 1am bedtime. At least I could have a lie-in in the morning. Unless the management forces any more forms upon us......

No comments:

Post a Comment