Saturday, October 08, 2011

MEGA recap v1

Before i kick things i want to apolagise for the lack of posting. As i write this, it has been 5 days since i updated the blog. As you can imagine, i have been pretty busy, but it has been in the boring kind. There really isn't anything major to report in the 4 days i will be covering in this post. (nothing that you'll be interested in anyway). So once again, I apolagise for the lack of updating and also for the potentially boring post to follow.

Monday 3rd October.

Today, since i had nothing planned, and i was 5 days behind in blog updates, i decided to do a massive catch up. Seriously, it took me about 8 hours (including interruption to write 4 updates). Between  the blog writing, I even had time to do all my laundry. $1.75 for a wash and dry, not too bad, but had to pay $7 for detergent (which should last the full year). Then went to the village square to relax, and beat some more people at pool. The end of the first day....

Tuesday 4th October

Starting at 11am, I skyped my mum, who had come back from a 'mixed' holiday. When we discussed the weather, I looked outside to gloat about the sunshine. Instead i find it absolutely chucking it down with rain. This was to continue for 2 full days. Fun times trying to walk (or in this case, run) to my classes. Just imagine being in your shower with all your clothes and you get the picture (only you can't change the temperature)
At 8pm when my classes finished, I got a lift down to Wal-mart, to stock up on a few essentials (snacks mostly). Enjoying the walk back, walking besides 4 lanes of traffic in the black of night, the '35 mins' to walk the 1 1/2 miles back to my room. Things weren't too bad, since my flat-mate had some spare pasta bolognase he shared with me. Certainly beats spending $5 for a burger. After cleaning up after him and his German/ Canadian friends, we all sat down to watch "How I Met Your Mother". You just don't value a mother tongue until you watch a movie in English with people who learn english as a 2nd/ 3rd language. 

Wednesday 5th October

As part of the discussion post movie, we agreed to an early morning gym session. And I mean EARLY. I never thought i'd be going to the gym at 7:30AM. Luckily I had recovered from that charlie-horse the friday before. Anyway after an hour or so burning some calories, i'd work on an assignment, the one you get on Tuesday and it's due of Wednesday night. Not a problem for me, i have Wednesdays free, but some people i know will have full days on Tuesday AND Wednesday (unlucky for them hehehehe).
Plenty of reading and homework later, a trip to Village square for more relaxing and pool (day result Won 4 Lost 1)

Thursday 6th October

Boy did I feel stiff this morning. That morning session won't be repeated soon. A nice lie in, leading on to some academic reading. On the way to getting my pre-lesson meal, i checked the mail-box, to find a card from Mum. Granted it took 10 days to get here (better than I thought, I was expecting 2 weeks +) it was still a welcome note, which even brought a tear or 2 (Man i'm a big wuss)

6 hours of lessons, more homework and top it all off with a village sq trip.

(I told you these 4 days weren't interesting)

Hopefully I can do better next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment