Thursday, October 20, 2011

4 days of irrelevant rubbish. But lemme tell you anyway

This update is almost not worth mentioning, but i may as well write it. I don't blame you if you don't read it, it'll be very boring and i don't think i can put much humo(u)r into it

Friday 14th October

Gym - 65 mins - 1000 cals

I decided to try the commons again, and see what else they had to offer. Turns out they have a burger stand that's a lot healthier and cheaper too. A cheeseburger, fries and drink is only $6.49 compared to about $7.49 in the food court. Whilst eating alone, a friend i met in the welcome week invited me over to his table. I then proceeded to talk for an hour about the UK, while a small crowd of about 15 people gathered round, just to hear my accent.

The rest of the day was effectively wasted. I spent about 6 hours on the computer and got about 1 hours worth of research into my second presentation. the rest was wasted on YouTube and TV. There was some respite when I was invited for another Pizza trip. only 4 of us this time, sharing 2 12' pizzas, for $10.80 (£7). Heading back, there had been another fire alarm, and it was proved to be the same person 3 times in a row. Although this fact hasn't been confirmed, I believe they have been kicked out of the building and now live with a friend 10 minutes down the road.

Saturday 15th October

Gym - 65 mins - 1000 cals

Today, I'm not proud to say this, but in the space of the day, all I did was spend 1 hour revising for the Marketing mid-term on Tuesday, and also an hour on the presentation, also due on Tuesday. I have dubbed this Tuesday, THE FIRST DAY OF HELL.

The only other thing worth mentioning was that it was also laundry day. Two loads of washing and drying, another $2.75 spent and more time sorting the drawers. :(

Sunday 16th October

Gym - 90 mins - 1400 cals (yea that right, I went all out with this one :) )

Today I have focused on the upcoming DAY OF HELL, by working 4 hours on the presentation, mainly working on the recommended decision. This presentation however is slightly different. This presentation required us to extract 20 minutes of presentation from: and get this... 1 page. While other groups get 3 or 4 pages, we get a 1 page script between two people, one from the US, and one from Puerto Rico. from this, we have to extract practically every single piece of information and compare no less than 12 different technical terms to each situation.

By 4pm, I had enough of the presentation and decided to continue on my revision of the upcoming mid-term. This didn't last long, before an invite to the village square for a movie night, watching Space Jam, a truly brilliant movie :)

Monday 17th October

Gym - 65 mins - 1000 cals

Now that the DAY OF HELL is only 24 hours away, today I really needed to crack on with everything. A lot of revision for the upcoming test and the finalisation of the presentation. Unfortunately, this didn't go according to plan. While eventually I managed to complete the presentation, through countless e-mails (the grand total was 61 [no joke]) this took almost all day, which left little time to revise for the test. I'll just leave it at that,

A 4 day update...sorry if it was very boring. but thankfully I'm almost up to date. I should hopefully finish up by tomorrow or Friday

See you all soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment