Sunday, December 18, 2011

Making the Trip


Wednesday 14th December

Today’s the day I leave San Bernardino, but not leaving the US. Ooooh no, I still have a few days to gather the American experience. After listening into my Bradford friends radio show for the last time, I still had a bit of time to kill. The plan for today was to get the bus at 2:50 getting into 4th street at 3:20, with a 20 minute walk to the station with 20 minutes to spare.

After the radio finished at 1pm, I headed down to a restaurant called Farmer Bro’s for a burger to set me up for the day. As planned I got the bus down to 4th and the walk across, bought the ticket and waited for the train. Also as expected was at least one person begging for money to get on the train, which I ignored completely.

An 80 minute train ride, including a 10 minute delay for a freight train to pass. I finally arrived at El Monte, waiting for Chrissy to pick me up. The traffic was immense so I was expecting a little wait, but boy was I relieved to see Chrissy again. Nothings better than catching up while in standstill traffic.

During the conversation, we somehow got onto the topic on radio shows and I revealed to Chrissy that I used to host “The Love Show” on Wednesday nights. How she didn’t lose control of the car from laughing I’ll never know, but in hindsight it proved to be a good conversation starter later on. After a trip to the library and the grocery store, we returned to the Casa de la Auntie. Chrissy had explained that they had bought a 70’ HD TV. As soon as I entered, it was truly amazing. I was mesmerized and wouldn’t turn away from it.

When Greg arrived from work, we had a tortilla night, where we could make our own tacos, burritos and “any other way you can make em” o’s with bbq chicken, salad, salsa and guacamole. And just to top it off, we watched X-men origins on the big screen. A proper movie night, where we just missed the popcorn for a perfect evening. Bring on tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment