Sunday, December 18, 2011

Isolation makes you pay


Monday 12th December

The only object of today way to pay for my next installment of my housing. I would get from today until Friday, after which the late fees would kick in. It meant I had to venture out to the administration building next to the student union. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but it was absolutely chucking it down. And I mean it chucked it down so much it felt like a million power showers just bearing down on you.

Moaning aside, I made it to the bursar to pay off my debt, but as always there’s a problem. They don’t accept Visa cards (and mines a Visa Electron). They only accept MasterCard and American Express. The only other way I could do this would be to borrow my parents card and pay through the online portal. Many of you think why I didn’t just try it this way first. Well the portal is only opened up via the bursar when initial payments are unsuccessful.

I sent an e-mail to my dad asking for the details, but I had to wait until early morning in the UK for my dad to read the e-mail and watch me input all the info through Skype. I’m now up to scratch on the bills, so I could relax for a bit.

Tuesday 13th December

Just a quickie for today, just needing to do my laundry and pack for the trip over to Whittier to catch up with the unofficial Auntie and Uncle. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment