Thursday, September 29, 2011

When 6 hour shifts sound like a good idea

Tuesday 27th September

The day began with a skype call back home. Thankfully, it was just me and my mum, who's going on holiday within 12 hours of our conversation. It seems obvious that she misses me more than I miss Fish n Chips or a greasy donner meat and chips (tummy starts rumbling). And for those who really know me, u know i love my British food. It was a huge sacrifice to come here and leave the food behind. "Dammit i'm getting off topic"

After the skype call, my nan wanted a go. it may be worth getting a tape recorder, recording my conversation with my mum and playing it back to my nan. Unfortunately for me, it was now 12pm, and 2 hours before my classes started. I decided to be a proper geek and read the chapters of the class books we would be covering. (this later turned out to be a complete lifesaver)

1:15pm and I decided to splash out on a Taco Bell combo. 3 crunchy taco supremes, and a refillable drink for $5.39 (about £3.75). Will definately be making that a regular. Cheaper than the others vendors by a country mile

I won't bore you with the details of the 3 classes, other than the middle one is going to make this a long quarter

8pm came, and walking back to my room, i came across a few friends, who were chilling in the village square. I decided to drop my stuff and head over. I was soon to meet up with 2 german lads, who disappeared very quickly (must have been something i said). having a few games of pool (and losing one game OMG, 11 wins and 1 loss aint bad)

We all tucked into some microwaveable popcorn which i had bought about a week previous. The only reason it had been untouched until now was the fact i don't have a microwave in my flat. But shockingly there was one in the square. To be honest it's relly good, almost as good as cinema popcorn (i won't say salted or sweet since this'll create a national divide :p )

After staying until closing time, we all headed back. I prepared the desk for the next day of work, and drifted off.........

No comments:

Post a Comment