Sunday, November 06, 2011

The weird and the wonderful

Thursday 3rd November

A very early start for me, waking up at 7am. While this may be a normal waking time for most and working time for others, this is a nightmare for most students. However my preparations certainly paid off. By drinking half a power shot just before my session, I was able to break my record AND my target, 1205 cal’s. 

The reason for the early start was that my management group was getting together to talk to our Indian colleague. We gathered the troops and waited for our colleague. Half an hour gone and no contact; Everyone else had classes, so I was left alone and surprise surprise, barely 2 minutes after everyone left, our Indian colleague came online. I spent half an hour talking by text, gathering information.

The day gets stranger as well. Marketing 305 came and went, but half way through management 405, there was a muffled “bang” followed by the fire alarm. After everyone evacuated it turns out there was SHOTS FIRED in a room on the other side of the building. The building was shut down for the rest of the day, meaning my Finance class was cancelled and I wouldn’t be getting my mid-term grade.

This led to an early finish, which was put to little productive use. After about an hour researching and a total of 50 words in the essay, the rest of the night was spent in the village square. More pool annihilations, which led to a game of American Football catch. Unfortunately, this led to a throwing injury, which I hoped would fade away with a good rest. Having been up at 7 I actually made it to sleep before mid-night for a change. 

On a side note, I can now update my achievements. At the moment, my grades stand at
Marketing 81.5%, (after 1 mid-term) [ 1 mid-term and 1 final]
Management – 97.9% (after 8 CAT’s, 2 presentation, 1 deliverable game) [1 30 page essay]
 Finance – (none as of yet) [ 2 mid-terms and 1 final]

No comments:

Post a Comment