Monday, November 14, 2011

Handing in the week's notice

Friday 4th November - Saturday 12th November

First off, apolagies for not updating in over a week. Times are getting tough academically, and i've been focused on working .After all, that's what i came here to do.

The other reason for not updating is the fact that i haven't really done anything worth mentioning. During this 8 day block, i've been a complete bore and not done anything fun. Aside from the odd game or two of Tetris, watching US shows 3 weeks before they hit the UK and commenting on a couple of Bradford University radio shows, which mention a feature about things that have been on various parts of my body things have been quiet on this side of the pond.

Only a couple of things that I will mention though

My impressive pool record keeps on getting better. I've lost count of the amount of games i've played, but i know i've only lost 8 of them (5 by default [potting the black and white])

Saturday 5th November saw me being blackmailed into attending an event. Hosted by my Finance tutor, it promoted Bangladesh and the culture. Starting at 6, and due to go on until 1am, I thought since i'm being offered extra credit to attend i may as well make the most of it. I met up with a friend of mine, who brought along her sister for 'moral support'

And boy did we need it. The entire event was totally out of shape. the presentations droned on forever, the stage changes were not rehearsed in any form, and by 9pm, we were literally falling asleep due to the boredom. We had to wait a bit longer for the tutor to come round to our little finance group to hand out attendance slips and a mini quiz. attendance was an extra 3% of the overall grade and the quiz was worth another 2%. I'm pretty sure i completed the quiz correctly, so that 5% already earned. We all left after that, which left 100+ to enjoy the limited offering of song and dance.

The gym sessions are going well. i've been consistently hitting 1200 calories in 65 mins, which surprises me more than you. Considering I barely did any exercise in the UK to a calorie burning machine i'm doing alright (must be something in the water)

I've also been in touch with my adopted Auntie Chrissy, who has invited me to join the two of them to San Diego for Thanksgiving. I'll be heading over on the Wednesday, driving down Wednesday evening, spending the entire day with part of Greg's family. I will then be coming back on the Friday, to which i'll be entering the final week of classes before my FINALS :(

Speaking of examinations and testing, the project that has kept me occupied for a considerable time is for my management 405 class. In our group, we have to research into the Chinese mortgage and real estate market for a US company. This would normally be fine and I could get it done in about 2 weeks, but this involves China, who restrict the amount of information about its country to non-residents. This makes searching for information almost impossible. You have to search literally every corner of the internet to find the information. I'll have it done soon......hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment