Sunday, November 06, 2011

The headphone dilemma


Wednesday 2nd November

Ah Wednesday, another day without classes but other work needs to be done. The gym session hit 1155 cal’s in 65 mins, getting better all the time, the target is to hit 1200 soon. The normal Wednesday protocol includes listening to a radio show on the Uni radio network back in Bradford.

(insert cheap plug for “The And Be Done With It show”)

As per my brother’s nagging, I managed to order a pair of headphones, but I soon ran into a problem. The headphones I ordered were only to be shipped within the US, but I could only pay with a US based PayPal account. This provided a real problem, since I now had less than 24 hours to fulfill my obligation to the seller. 

After 4 hours of searching, I was able to borrow a friend’s credit card after submitting an e-mail to the seller to accept a payment other to buy on their card, then pay the cash equivalent.

As a further reward, I introduced my friend to typical British humo(u)r. namely Mock the Week, where we proceded to waste away the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment